Mining Engineer - Long Term Planning
Register or Log in to apply for this position.
- Diverse Role – Expand and develop your skills in this growing operation
- Result-driven, high performing team
- Flexible roster options available for the right candidate
About the Company
Grange Resources Limited (Grange Resources) is Australia’s most experienced magnetite producer from its iron ore mining and pellet production business located in North – West Tasmania.
The Savage River magnetite iron ore mine is a long-life mining asset where ore is mined and processed before it is transported by pipeline to the pellet plant and ship loading facility at Port Latta.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Mining Engineer – Long Term Planning to join our high performing dynamic team.
The Professional Opportunity:
This position offers an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the long-term company strategy. This is an opportunity to challenge yourself, drive and deliver innovative capital projects. At Grange, we will provide you with the support you need to succeed in exchange for your enthusiasm and innovative spirit.
In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing Life of Mine Plans - 5 years including details for the Budget, Forecast(s) Schedules
- Developing detailed pit and dump designs
- Closely collaborating with Mine Operations, Maintenance, Technical Services and Process teams and providing guidance
- Maintaining and promoting a safe working environment
- Ensuring the planning process reflects production and operational requirements and where required take corrective action by the inclusion in future designs, plans and schedules
- Investigating and presenting improvements to the mine and mine to pellet process
- Applying lean principles to initiate methods for reducing waste
- An opportunity to work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- An ability to drive and deliver projects that interest you
- Exposure and involvement in different operational areas
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Flexible roster options and work locations available for suitable applicants
- You will hold a relevant tertiary qualification (Mining Engineer or related) or an equivalent industry experience
- Experienced in undertaking pit design, open-pit scheduling and haulage studies (Haulsim)
- On-site mining experience in both production and planning roles
- Exposure to mine to metal, mine to port operations
- Competency with recognised mining design, scheduling, and planning software like Deswik, Surpac, Minesched, Whittle
- Extensive project management experience with strong proficiency in using relevant tools like Microsoft project
- Experience in continuous improvement activities and lean manufacturing principles
- You will be a strong team player with the ability to work in a diverse team to achieve planned outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders
If you have the demonstrated capacity to fill the role, along with a commitment to working safely, please register your details and apply.
GRANGE RESOURCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Back to List