Mobile Maintenance Planner - Long Term
Location: Savage River
Register or Log in to apply for this position.
- 5 days on 2 days off, 4 days on 3 days off roster
- Exciting career prospect
Grange Resources Limited (Grange Resources) is Australia’s most experienced magnetite producer from its iron ore mining and pellet production operations located in North-West Tasmania.
Our Savage River mine is a long-life mining asset set to continue operation to 2034 and beyond. The Savage River Fleet is run on an owner-operator basis and primarily comprises Hitachi EX3600 shovels and excavators and CAT 789 off highway trucks along with a mixed fleet of ancillary equipment.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Mobile Maintenance Planner - Long Term to join our hardworking Mobile Maintenance team focused on continuous improvement.
The Professional Opportunity: Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidate will provide planning support to the mining operation and equipment.
In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Scheduling and planning of preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance on mobile plant equipment
- Monitoring and planning rebuilds and components to ensure the mobile equipment fleet achieves set life cycle targets. Including participating in risk assessments and organising equipment rebuilds and significant component changes
- Creating and communicating 3 monthly maintenance forecasts and monthly tyre forecasts.
- Coordinating any future tooling requirements for major scheduled tasks
- Proactively taking actions to seize maintenance, quality, and reliability improvement opportunities, promoting and embracing new ideas and change
- Working closely with Mine planning department to ensure compliance with mining and maintenance KPIs and working to the basis of “on-condition” maintenance management
- Ensuring scheduled shutdowns are planned to minimise the duration and disruptions to the mining production
The successful candidate would possess the following:
- Mechanical Trade qualification
- Extensive and demonstrable maintenance planning experience with mobile mining equipment fleet
- Planning, resource requirement, cost management and material procurement experience
- Experience with computerised maintenance management systems (preferably, Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to support a multidisciplinary team to achieve planned outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of continuous improvement process and the plan – do – check – act cycle
- Previously experience in the mining industry
If you have the demonstrated capacity to fill this role and a commitment to working safely, please register your details and apply.
GRANGE RESOURCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Back to List