Mine Planning Superintendent
Location: Savage River
Register or Log in to apply for this position.
- Lead a result-driven, high performing team
- Expand your skills in this growing operation
- 5 days on 2 days off, 4 days on 3 days off roster
About the company
Grange Resources Limited (Grange Resources) is Australia's most experienced magnetite producer from its iron ore mining and pellet production business located in North – West Tasmania.
The Savage River magnetite iron ore mine is a long-life mining asset where ore is mined and processed before it is transported by pipeline to the pellet plant and ship loading facility at Port Latta.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Mine Planning Superintendent to lead our multidisciplinary Technical Mine Support team at Savage River.
Professional Opportunity: This position reports to the Mining Manager and is a key leadership role. In this position, you would be responsible for overseeing the execution of all aspects of the mine planning function, pit and dump designs and scheduling for our mining operations. At Grange, we provide you with the support you need to succeed with our extensive learning and development opportunities.
In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working as part of a strong, inter-disciplinary team operating across key aspects of the business
- Communicating with other technical and operational staff members and teams
- Managing and providing direction on short, medium and long-term planning activities, Survey and Drill and Blast.
- Providing leadership, support and mentoring for the mine engineering team.
- Developing plans and schedules as required to ensure the outcomes of the life of mine plan, budgets and forecast.
- Reporting on achievement against short, medium and long-term plans and preparation of rectification actions based on compliance.
- Assisting in continuous improvement and process development projects.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to support a multidisciplinary team
- Solid open pit mine design skills
- Experience with mine planning, design, and scheduling software packages like Surpac, Minesched and Deswik would be advantageous
- 5-10 years' experience in open pit operations would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders
- A current driver's licence
- An opportunity to work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- On-site accommodation, messing and recreational facilities provided
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing operation
If you have the demonstrated capacity to fill the role, along with a commitment to working safely, please register your details and apply.
GRANGE RESOURCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Back to List