Graduate Mining Engineer
Location: Savage River
Register or Log in to apply for this position.
- Excellent Graduate Opportunity
- Roster: 8 days on 6 days off
Grange Resources Limited is Australia's most experienced magnetite producer from its iron ore mining and pellet production business located in the North West region of Tasmania.
We are seeking a reliable and motivated person to fill the fixed-term role of Graduate Mining Engineer to support our Mine Technical team at our Savage River mine site.
The Professional Opportunity: In this position, you will be mentored in a structured training program whilst gaining hands-on experience of working on a mine site. Savage River's North Pit is planned to be one of the deepest open pits in Australia, this presents a challenging prospect to add to your career profile.
The role is a 3-year fixed-term and predominantly working a day shift roster of 8 days on, 6 days off.
Working as part of a strong and inter-disciplinary team, the key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assisting operational personnel by gathering and analysing data for all short term planning activities and operational activities
- Communicating with other technical and operational staff
- Assisting the Mine Superintendents in the development of the fortnightly plan
- Assisting in continuous improvement and process development projects
We are looking for:
- Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering or degree in related disciplines
- Experience in Open Pit Mining environment would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and reporting skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Exposure to design software such as Surpac and Minesched would be advantageous
- Current full manual drivers' licence
- Gaining practical experience in mine operations, mine planning, grade control, survey, and drill & blast
- An opportunity to work in a positive working environment and be an integral part of the team
- Grange offers a competitive salary package, which includes free single person accommodation and messing whilst on-site at Savage River
- Gym, squash court and other recreational facilities available on site.
If you have the demonstrated capacity to fill this role and a commitment to working safely, please register your details and apply.
GRANGE RESOURCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Back to List