Senior Financial Accountant
Register or Log in to apply for this position.
- Exciting career opportunity
- Full-time permanent position
Grange Resources (ASX listed GRR) is Australia’s most experienced magnetite producer from its iron ore mining and pellet production business located in the North – West region of Tasmania.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our Finance Team based in Burnie, Tasmania.
The Professional Opportunity:
This role drives coordination and communication of financial accounting activities across our operations. The successful candidate will provide high-level support to the Finance Manager in timely and accurate preparation of statutory accounts and taxation lodgements, monthly and ad hoc management reporting, and promoting a cohesive team environment.
The Lifestyle Opportunity:
This position offers a fantastic lifestyle opportunity. Residing on the north-west coast of Tasmania, you can enjoy the best of the coast and rural setting and explore the many national parks and outdoor activities. With a Monday to Friday roster working in the head office, you’ll be home each night and able to participate in family and community activities fully.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, key responsibilities for the role include:
- Applying strong technical knowledge of accounting and taxation standards to ensure timely and accurate reporting on monthly, half-yearly and annual financial, taxation and management reports.
- Preparation of periodic statutory reporting, including BAS returns, FBT returns, and Income tax returns according to statutory reporting lodgement dates.
- Assist in preparation of annual financial accounts and audit documentation for Australian and international entities within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in establishing and controlling finance operations and risk management frameworks, systems and services that support the effective achievement of the financial and business objectives as set out in the strategic plan.
- Implementing best practice and promoting a continuous improvement mindset, including process improvement and re-design
We anticipate your Skills, Knowledge & Experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or higher qualifications in Finance/Commerce/Business Administration
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountant in Australia, CPA Australia or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in a financial accounting environment
- You will possess strong analytical skills and understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and Taxation Legislation
- Track record of process improvement and delivery of key statutory deliverables
- You will have strong financial acumen, with exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
- Demonstratable experience driving continuous improvement across the business from a financial perspective
If you have the demonstrated capacity to fill this role and a commitment to working safely, please register your details and apply.
GRANGE RESOURCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Back to List