Location: Savage River
Register or Log in to apply for this position.
- 8 days on 6 days off roster
- Based out of Savage River, Tasmania
- A key member of a dedicated team
Grange Resources Limited is Australia’s most experienced magnetite producer from its iron ore mining and pellet production business located in the North-West region of Tasmania.
The Savage River magnetite iron ore mine is a long-life mining asset where ore is mined and processed before it is transported by pipeline to the pellet plant and ship loading facility at Port Latta.
We are seeking a highly motivated Mine Surveyor to join our Technical Services team.
Your responsibilities in the role will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and reporting design variances
- Aid in the completion of end of month pickups, stockpile volume calculations, reports and reconciliations across multiple sites
- Maintaining an accurate survey control network and survey data.
- Surveying work face progress and providing survey controls for both Open Pit and Underground operations.
- Conducting topographic survey using scanners and drones, GPS for the pit, waste dump and ore stockpiles.
- Maintaining and implementing a safe system of work
- Ensuring QA/QC and validation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of mining physicals and stockpile balances
We anticipate your Skills, Knowledge & Experience will include:
- Tertiary Qualification in Surveying
- Minimum of five years experience in Open Pit Mining hard rock mining environment
- Experience in an Underground mining environment would be beneficial but not essential.
- Proficiency with Geovia Surpac software and Maptek I-Site studio or similar mining software
- Sound knowledge of Trimble total stations, GPS Rovers and Maptek I-Site Laser Scanners
- A self-motivated person who enjoys leading and working within a team environment
- Current manual drivers licence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Capability and willingness to work safely in an isolated environment with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive salary package which includes free single person accommodation and messing whilst on-site at Savage River.
If you have the demonstrated capacity to fill this role along with a commitment to working safely, please register your details and apply.
GRANGE RESOURCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Back to List